Place all ingredients into a food processor and pulse until mixtue resembles breadcrumbs.
Place into a mixing bowl and bring together to make a smooth dough.
Lightly flour a work surface and roll out evenly to 2cm depth.
Cut out to desired shapes.
Place on a non-stick baking tray and bake at 160 degrees celsius for approximately 15mins (you don’t want the biscuit to colour too much in the oven as it keeps cooking when taken out).
Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack.
Dust lightly with cater sugar and leave to cool.
The best homemade cakes in Burnley!
Here at Shores Hey Farm all our cakes are made fresh daily by our team of fully trained professional chefs.
We produce cakes and tray bakes such as Bakewell Tart, delicious Dark Chocolate Brownie, Carrot Cake, and not forgetting our famous Giant Scones filled with fresh cream and raspberry preserve.
Our most popular tray bake has got to be our Dark Chocolate Brownie, crisp on the outside with a gooey chocolate centre.
I can let you into a little secret and give you my recipe for this, but be careful because it doesn’t last long once made!
* Gently melt the butter and chocolate stirring continuously
* Leave to cool slightly
* Whisk the eggs and caster sugar in an electric stand mixer until the ribbon stage (doubled in size and thick and pale in colour)
* Gently fold in the cooled chocolate and butter mixture until combined thoroughly
* Sift together the flour and coco powder then fold into the chocolate mix.
* Line the 12 “x 8” tin with greaseproof paper, gently pour the mix into the tin.
* Place into a pre heated oven at 180c for approx. 30-40mins (DO NOT OVER COOK)
* When cooked place onto a wire rack and leave to cool for at least 2 hours before cutting.
The perfect brownie should be crisp on the outside and gooey on the inside.